Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And it begins.

School, that is. God, it's only the second day and already I'm exhausted. I slept for 45 minutes after the alarm went off this AM. Oh well.

Soooooo! I had a pretty good race last Thursday out at the Aircenter Twilight Crit. I won! Yay! Racing w/ the men's C's, tho. I mean, they were a strong bunch of young inexperienced dudes (who couldn't organize a chase if Angelina Jolie was riding around naked in front of them) but I still feel pretty good about myself. :) They said it's the first time a woman has won a crit out there, too, so, yeah, I'm done talking about myself now.
Or not. I rode both sides of Mt. Rose on Saturday. Ouch. I made the mistake of dropping down this side road to get to Incline and then climbing back up it. Steeeeeeeep steep steep. Ouch. Pretty much it totally cooked me before I even got to the main part of the climb. I'm still tired from it. But on Sunday we went to Downieville!!! Fun. Swam in the river and ate pizza aftewards. Fun fun fun.
Okay, I'm off to class. I haven't bought any books yet, so I should probably do that. It's a pretty good chunk of change, tho. I'm taking 5 nutrition classes. Yep, that's it. It's getting a little old seeing the same people (and in the case of 2 classes, the same professor) all day long. I mean, they're nice people and all, but variety can be refreshing. Oh well, gotta get done, and better sooner than later.
Off to the Challenge RR on saturday and then hopefully get to race with my awesome teammates on Monday at the Giro de SF!!!

No comments: