Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pudding = New Super Food???

So, I went to the Boca Res. Twilight RR last night, fully expecting a good spanking, and came away with a renewed sense of self-worth. (Is it self-destructive to base my entire sense of self-esteem [is it "esteem" or "esteam"? God! Spelling is hard!] on C's twilight races???) Anywho! There were 3 of us ladies racing in the C's category. The rest of the category consisted of the squirelly-est bunch of dudes I've ever ridden with. For serious. Anyway, this short race (24 mi long) has 1 serious hill, and a bunch of smaller hills. They award KOM points and $$$ for the top 3 dudes and the top lady. So we hit the base of the climb and I let some of the guys hammer ahead and stayed with the other two ladies. With about 200 m to go I jumped and totally dropped the other two girls, passing 4 guys in the process. Sweet. I won $10. I pretty much bailed on the finishing sprint because of the aforementioned squirelly-ness. Like, it's a twilight race and these dudes are going to kill someone, so I'm certainly not going to be the one to die. But my climbing ability was life-affirming, and I'm feeling a little better with the world and my pudding-loving self.
At lunch today I had to go to the bank. The bank happens to be right next to Ross. Soooo, long story short, I found a lovely dress, some cute pants, and a tank top at Ross all for $20. Pretty much awesome.
Good racing, good shopping, good chocolate (did I mention someone brought in a huge bar of Trader Joe's milk chocolate with almonds? Yeah, it rocked.) = renewed sense of purpose.
I'm going to race some crit(s) tonight. Even though it'll be squirrely as hell again, and there's no climbing or money to be had. I haven't done a crit on my Kona yet, so it'll be fun to see how she* does.

*I'm not sure if my bikes are boys or girls. On one hand, my road bike is beautiful and pink and blue and perfect, which implies female. And on the other hand . . . . erm, I dunno. I guess it could be some metrosexual, chest-waxing dude . . . . I'm going to shut up now.

1 comment:

Auffderbach said...

Come out next week to Air Center!
I hate riding with half the "C"'s as you are right; they are SQUIRRELLY (sp?)!!
On the last two times I raced there I had no less than THREE moments when it looked like the guy whoose wheel I was on was going down in front of me. It happened to one of the Leano boys twice! The other had some kid who never raced before cut the last corner in an attempt to grab a prime and he almost took out the front of the peleton. I had to appologize for my language after the race.
Anyway, congrats on your much deserved victory and looking foreward to racing against you next week.

Scott, Alta Alpina

BTW, are you doing Dunnigan as well or just Challenge and Giro?