Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ughh

So much for not blogging. This is as much for me as anyone else (as are all my blog posts, but whatev).

I went out to the Geiger Grade hill climb TT last night. Ugh. I sucked a lot. I haven't done it in 2 years, and I think my best time was something like 40:42. I really wanted to break 40 minutes. Seriously, it's been 2 years, and 2 years of intense training and focus and dedication and sacrifice, shouldn't I have an extra minute (at the very least!) in my legs? Well, apparently not. As a matter of fact, I was about 2 minutes slower. 2 minutes! Let's break this down a little bit.

Were I going off of heart rate I would say that I rode a good TT. It dropped a wee bit at the end, but overall it was within the range that I like to see for an effort like this. But after the first 15 minutes or so my power just started sucking. See?


Brutal.

Okay, I'm done whining. I've been training really hard the last week and a half and I'm obviously tired. And I've been a bit under the weather, too. I just wish, as we all do after a bad race, that there wasn't going to be a permanent record of it. Whatever.

No comments: