Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Haps

What I did this weekend, in no particular order.

Climbed Iowa Hill. It was really, really steep. I want to go do it again.

Saw the Tour of California race through Nevada County.

Watched it with my pops.

Watched Cody graduate!!! This shot is of the whole family. Both of my parents, his mom and her S.O., his three brothers, his sister-in-law, who's expecting! and his boss/friend/father figure from Massachusetts, who flew out and surprised us! Oh yes, and Riley, who's like my furry little child.

Yay!

In addition to all this I went to an Elvis Costello concert on Saturday night that was fabulous. Oh yeah, and went out on Tuesday and raced an Air Center twilight crit, which was way fun. And now I'm paying for my big happening weekend - I'm sick. Seriously, I went all winter without getting sick (aside from my systemic MRSA infection, but that doesn't count, because I didn't FEEL sick). And now, in May, with the sun shining and the birds singing? I'm laying in bed with a nasty head cold. So. Lame. Especially because after four weeks since my last race I'm making the drive over the hill this weekend for a nice TT and road race. I figure as long as I'm not coughing up a lung, I'll be OK.

Anyway, I suppose a head cold is small price to pay for having the whole family together under one roof for one awesome weekend. Cody's applying for jobs - the other day he applied for one in Manchester, NH, and one in Folsom. I hear they put in a velodrome in NH, not too far from Manchester!

No comments: