Monday, March 2, 2009

Are there any chiropractors who would like to sponsor me?

No matter how cold it is outside you can't keep him out of the water.
If I look less than thrilled in my self portrait here it's because I just messed up my back throwing a stick for the dog.

The Truckee River.

He's getting in too good of shape from all the 3 hour MTB rides he's been going on. Can't wear this dog out.
Had a good weekend. I was planning on heading down to Chico on Sunday for the Tour of the Unknown Valley century. It's something I try to do every year, since it's so beautiful down there in March and I can usually drag my dad along. Well, weather forecast was for torrential downpours and gale force winds on Sunday, so I went down on Saturday instead. Did a nice long, hard ride with my pops and friends from Bend and Chico. Went out for food - ate an enormous burrito and a great margarita. Mmmm . . . salt. Drove home that night, then got up early (ish) to beat the rain yesterday. Got in a coupla hours in the wind, and the first rain drops just started to fall as I rolled up to my house. Overall a good weekend.
I took the doggy for a walk by the river this morning. It rained overnight and everything just smelled so good out. There's something so distinctive about the smell of rain in the desert. Or, high desert I guess. It's the sandy soil, sage brush, rabbit brush, and the sweet smell of the willows that grow next to the river. Add to that the birds chatting up above and I feel like moving out into the boondocks and living in a tent. I have a friend who lived in a teepee in Bozeman, MT for 2 years, even during the winter! He's a little . . . different, but seriously, how perfect is it to wake up and hear the river and the birds? I need to go camping.

I managed to totally mess up my back this morning. I'm not sure if it was throwing a stick for Riley or what, but right now it hurts to take deep breaths and I can't turn my head without wimpering like a wus. Ow. I'm working on getting some health insurance, then I'm going to the chiropractor.
Well, that's about all I've got. Excited to go race Menlo Park next weekend! Figure I'll be stuck on my trainer all week, what with the predicted snow and all, but springtime is growning nearer and it's hard to be too upset about a last little burst of winter weather.

1 comment:

X Bunny said...

and dst starts saturday night--yippee!!

and, that looks like a (cute) rabid water otter, not a dog to me