Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Come back, Vacation, come back!

Soooo, last week was spring break. Made it really hard to get back in the swing of things on Monday. Really. Hard. But it's crunch week so there was really no time to dick around and be lazy. This coming weekend is the UNR collegiate race and I seem to have found myself the race coordinator. Good experience to know how to put on a race, but definitely taking up a significant amount of my time. That anatomy and physiology exam tomorrow night is just gonna have to take a back seat. Ouch.

So last week Cody's bro and a couple of their friends (also bros) came out to visit us. Flew allll the way from NH. We took them down to Auburn for some camping, biking, and drinking. It was totally awesome. And I'll tell ya what, these boys know how to cook. I don't think I touched the kitchen the whole time they were here. It was great. And good food too, much better cooks than myself. The last of them left this morning. Kinda sad, but at the same time my sleep has definitely suffered for it. But here's some photo highlights:

Boys.

Riley shredding sweet singletrack.

Requisite self protrait.

Craziness.


More craziness. Surprisingly, the flavor of rum was quite easy to get out of my bottle.

So then I went down to Sacramento on Saturday to race the Land Park Crit. Teammate Katie was there, totally kicking ass. I had a surprisingly good race. Much better than Menlo. I felt fit and confident and comfortable. Nice. Lousy to nonexistent sprint at the end, but one thing at a time.

Okay, off to do more race prep. God damn this race promotion is a lot of work. Wish my personal chefs were still here . . .

No comments: