Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Big Bertha

This is my enormous bike. 7" of rear travel, Totem Solo Air fork, 1x9 gearing w/ a chain guide system. Ridiculous. But oh so fun. I'm not into assigning gender or names to bikes. Don't get me wrong, I love my bikes like people, but to me they're nameless, androgenous people, albeit lovable. But I think this bike is Big Bertha. Not very original, but it seems to fit pretty well. And that, of course, makes it a "she". I've been doing my recovery rides on this bike (still can't bring myself to call it "her"), it's as much recovery for the brain as the body, maybe more so. And I've been riding some of the rockier, sketchier downhill trails on Peavine, and truly, it's like the bike rides itself. I just have to point and shoot, and I make it through, not only in one piece, but looking pretty much like a bad ass, if I may say so myself. Holy crap it's fun. Can't wait for North Star to open up this summer.



Unfortunately I think today is a roller day. Now I have to go take a chemistry exam that I am so bloody unprepared for that I'm not even sure why I'm going. Oh well, it's just school, right? It's not like it's something important, like bike racing. ;)

4 comments:

X Bunny said...

ack

don't say that word

Marian said...

Uh oh, which word? Roller? Or Chemistry Exam? that's two, I guess. :) At least there's no more talk about pickle juice.

X Bunny said...

chemistry

i can't imagine studying for chemistry and training to race at the same time

you are clearly a stud

Marian said...

We shall see at Menlo Park! I see you registered, yay! Katie'll be there too. Fun fun.