Monday, February 7, 2011

Today

I haven't ridden outside since I got back from Reno. I know, that's way too long. I've been running lots, and lifting weights, and doing some spinning, but no riding outside. I've gone snowboarding twice, once in the backcountry up in New Hampshire, and once at a little tiny hill called Nashoba that makes Boreal look like Squaw. Yesterday I ran down to Wingaersheek beach, about 5 miles, and did a boot camp workout in the wet sand - it was just above freezing out. I waited until the tide had started to go out so I could find some beach free of snow. Yeah.
That was hard, and now my hamstrings and shoulders are cursing me for doing so many lunges and pushups. But at least I got outside!

But today! Today I am going to ride outside. Our 1/4 mile long driveway is an ice skating rink, so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get to the end of it. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow, but TODAY I'm riding outside. About time.

No comments: