Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finally, a ride.

Iceburgs, at low tide.
Sunshine! And horsies! There's a lot of horse-money around here.
And still, a lot of snow.

Yes, the weather was slightly less cold yesterday, and I didn't have to work. After a morning of being immensely lazy I finally kitted up and went for a long ride. I had on minimal layers, and only one pair of gloves. I stopped at the bike shop and ordered a new pump (not having a useable floor pump is exceedingly inconvenient) and drank a cappuccino. It was excellent. I got convinced to go do a road race in March ("you can just sit in!" "well, all right, if it's not raining"). Today's supposed to be even a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday, too. And Friday's supposed to be in the 50's, unfortunately I have to be inside pretty much all day. And then it's going to get all hella cold again. But it's nice to have this little taste of not-hella-cold, and get in a few solid days on the bike, outside.

No comments: