Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Frustration

I have the hardest time thinking of blog post titles. Seriously.

So, I raced Copperopolis on Saturday! I love that race. Ended up third, after three of us dropped the rest of the field. It was a good race. For some reason I just don't feel like typing up a long report about it. I didn't win, but I raced well, my fitness is good, I'm content. Well, no, I want to win, but no regrets, except that I wish I had 20 more watts, but I don't. They'll come, watt by watt, some day. I'm cool with that.

Right now I'm trying to get my cat 2 upgrade. Like, I requested it, was denied, but then realized I had entered 2009 as the year for one of my recent races, instead of 2010, so homeboy told me my points had expired. So I resubmitted it with the date fixed. And pretty much pleading that he give it to me, or else my points are going to start expiring for rizzle, starting next weekend. If he doesn't give it to me I'll probably cry and eat some chocolate. And then go race Spring Hill this weekend on Cody's birthday, which I really don't want to do, but otherwise I'm going to lose a bunch of my hard earned points from Copper and Sea Slaughter last year. Decisions decisions. Just give me my upgrade already! I'm there, I've earned it, and I've been a cat 3 for 4 years! Obviously I haven't spent all of those years working towards it, but at this point I'm pretty much done with being a 3. It's like going to college for year after year after year, learning lots, progressing with your class work, and then never graduating. Like, oh, sorry, that class you took last semester has expired, you have to take another one. Crap.

In other news, my job kind of sucks. I mean, I like working in a shop, but my employer seems to think it unimportant to set and maintain regular pay periods. And then on my last paycheck, that was 5 days late, I was totally underpaid. Almost quit yesterday, but persuaded myself not to. No, scratch that, I chickened out. Probably for the best, but I'm getting really sick of not knowing when I'm going to be able to pay my bills. Plus, you know, it's a violation of federal and state labor laws. Grrrrrrr . . .

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the (freezing) sunshine on my TT bike today. Weeeeee!

No comments: