Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend in the Pain Cave


This last weekend I raced Bariani and Land Park - both 1/2/3 races, both with a big team. Both days were fast and hard. We attacked, counter attacked, drove some breaks, and ultimately won. Well, we won Bariani. Land Park was great, we just didn't execute our lead out quite right. But it was the most fun I've ever had in a crit. Ever. Loved every minute of it, even though I was in so. much. pain.
I can't wait to get my upgrade and do races that are that fast and challenging every weekend. Racing with and for a big strong team is incredibly liberating. I can attack and put myself out there and take chances, knowing that even if I get dropped, or come in DFL, I did my work for my teammates, and I trust them to do their jobs just the same. Real racing. Real awesome.

No comments: