Monday, February 16, 2009

Back to the land of the living.

Sheesh, I sure picked a great weekend to come down with avian influenza. Okay okay, too sick to race? How about watching Tour of California? Nope, sorry, sitting around in the rain (or sitting, period) would have done me in this weekend. From Thurday-Sunday I was out of commission with some awful thing that possessed my throat and proceeded to kick the rest of my body's ass. I laid in bed, slept about 15 hrs a day, and watched lots of movies.
But today! I cleaned house, did laundry, ran some errands, and rode my rollers for 30 minutes! You can imagine how much better I am feeling about life to get off that damned couch finally. And what's 5 days off the bike? My fitness will be back in no time! (See, Mare? That's optimism! I could learn something from myself.) And I have 3 weeks until the next race, so I'm feeling pretty good about life, although the feeling is a little forced.

So, I can't pick a blog template. I'm boring, I just like the blue one, but that's so . . . boring. Blahhh . . . I need new pictures, or something . . .

6 comments:

X Bunny said...

yay!!

glad to hear you are feeling better!!

3 weeks......does that mean i should cross you off the senlling list?!

Marian said...

Yeah, no Snelling. :( Big field, tho, looks fun! I'm just so happy to be healthy that I'm not going to take any chances. Plus, after a week off the bike I'd be worse than worthless in a race. :)

X Bunny said...

yes, it's probably best to not risk the relapse

but we'll miss you!!

even off the bike a week, you could do more than you think--sometimes the rest does you more good and the fitness lost in one week is very small

so we'll see you in 3 weeks (i think--i don't know where that is but i'll probably be there!)

Marian said...

Menlo Park!!!

X Bunny said...

uh, isn't that 2 weeks--holy cow--i'm behind on my training for Berkeley TTT.....!

Marian said...

Well now it's 2 weeks, but when I wrote my blog post it was closer to 3. :)