Monday, March 1, 2010

Clearing Skies

As promised, Saturday consisted of a wet, cold ride. I did the Saturday morning World Championship ride, for the first time in probably 8 months. I tend to avoid it because those guys (and it is almost always only guys, unless Amber is in Reno and decides to come out and teach them a thing or two) because they're wicked sketchy and generally rude to automobile traffic. It was a pretty small group this week (aw, come on! You's guys don't want to go ride in the rain?) and everyone was fairly safe. I hung with them up the first couple climbs which I've never been able to do before, even though I got dropped eventually. Waited for them to come around, did some fast stuff on the flats, got freakin' poured on - good times. Ouch.

Yesterday, in a complete departure, I went mountain biking in Auburn with Cody. It. Was. Rad. Seriously. I haven't been in the dirt since cyclocross nationals, so I was totally ecstatic to shred some singletrack. "Shred." I was kind of a chicken, but I feel justified because I haven't been on my mountain bike, except to ride snowy roads, since probably November. Weak. I want to buy a trail bike sooooooo badly. Except, probably not as badly as I feel like I need a TT machine. C'est la vie. Gotta start making a little more money.

Anyway, a day in the dirt and the sun and the mud, a long day, with lots of climbing - that's just what the soul needs. Days like that always renew my energy, my joie de vie, and my motivation. Today is rest, and work, but the motivation, the drive, are there.

No comments: