Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You know you've been in school too long . . .

. . . when you find it easiest to describe your life with bullet points. That said, here's some updates.

  • The UCB race goes up the McEwan climb outside of Crockett. This is the third year I've gone to that race (not consecutive), and I'm not sure what keeps bringing me back. It's the Hardest Climb Ever. No shit.
  • My cell phone fell out of my pocket whilst doing sprint intervals yesterday. I finished my interval and turned back to retreive it, but alas, it had already been run over by a car. Managed to salvage my SIM card, tho.
  • Cody stepped on my sunglasses while moving a refridgerator on Sunday (long story). He made it up to me by buying me new ones. They just got here, and they're hot. Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/dxwvr2
  • I'm officially ditching my chemistry final to go to collegiate nationals. Long story short, I'm going to get a C (at best) in that class even if I go to the final, which means I'll be retaking it either way, so I might as well totally fail the class and go have some fun. And by fun I mean mid-pack (at best) sufferfest (which is my usual definition of fun, anyhow). Fort Lewis look out, UNR is bringing the hurt. ha. haha (nervous laugh). Just kidding Fort Lewis, please don't hurt me.
  • The weather in Reno sucks right now. Chilly and windy (like, 40 mph gusts, no fun) and blowing all the petals from the newly bloomed flowers. Suck. So now I'm going to go do hill intervals.

Post Script . . . two other things I wanted to mention in this post, because I don't think they'll be very relevant by the time I get around to another:

  1. I think I may have finally figured out my sprint. Sheesh, took long enough.
  2. When I was climbing up McEwan (I think the 3rd or 4th time, but mighta been the first or second) on Saturday during the road race, I was so freaking cooked that my face was numb. Seriously, what's up with that?

Okay, that's it.

2 comments:

X Bunny said...

woohoo! great job at copper!

did you get ice cream?!

Marian said...

No . . . but it was Cody's birthday so we went out for Margaritas when I got home. That was pretty yummy, too. :)