Friday, April 24, 2009

Ugh, another race? So soon?

I'm tired. If I didn't have to go to this race to qualify for collegiate nationals I would just stay home. Sheesh. I've got a little sore throat, whole body is exhausted, and this'll be my 2nd day off the bike. Did my hill intervals up Mt. Rose on Wedneday - just enough to get me almost to the top. It was nice, but I think it totally wiped me out. Crap. So, no high expectations this weekend, okay? It's hard coming down after a win like last weekend, but I guess that's reality. There'll be more good race weekends, but I assure you, this will not be one of them. Let me just survive. And my reward will be a weekend with no travel and no racing next weekend! And then an incredibly stressful, expensive, and not ideal weekend of travel to Fort Collins for collegiate nats. Oh well, it'll be good racing. Okay, gotta pack, again . . .

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Marian,
I'm excited to hear about how this last race went for you. I guess if you're not racing this weekend, that means no Pine Nut Cracker for you, huh?

I can't believe Nationals is so soon! You're going to kick A** out there!!

Marian said...

No, no pine nuts! I love that course, tho, but I need a break. Whew. You're crushing this season, Amber! Come on, just a couple of graduate credits on the fall!