Thursday, May 8, 2008

Study Break

Why I have inserted a picture of pudding? Well, pretty much because pudding is great. If I buy banana pudding Cody won't eat it, too, so that's an added bonus. I was thinking about mixing peanut butter into my banana pudding - doesn't that sound divine?


I have three finals today. Weak. Well, just two more. I already took one of them. It wasn't too bad, I guess. The next two are gonna kill, though. I should probably just keep studying, but I think I've already reached my brain's capacity for the day. No more taxonomic categories of pathogenic microbes, or phylogenic relationships of humans and apes and dusky sea sparrows, or whatever they're called. I guess it doesn't matter, since they're extinct.



But after tomorrow I'm done!



I raced the Coolest 24 hr race last saturday. Only I did the 8 hr version. And I was on a 2 person team. So I'm not really all that cool. But we did win. That was fun. Our team was "The Shady Ladies" which is the name of a brothel out in The Middle of Nowhere, Nevada. We thought that was pretty clever. 'Specially since we stepped on the podium with cans of Miller Lite in our hands. Anywho, the race was really well organized, and for a good cause (cancer research), and the course was incredibly fast and fun and dusty. It was nice to race the knobbies again, too. I should do more of that.



I raced a twilight crit on tuesday night. I've stepped it up and am racing with the Men's Bs now. They are seriously the sketchiest group of people I've ever ridden with. I was just happy to survive. And, incidentally, finish with the lead group. But mostly I was just irate that these dudes kept almost taking me out, and actually took eachother out on one occasion. Sorry, not too into sacrificing myself and my bike for a twilight race. Or any other race for that matter. I don't have health insurance.



Okay, back to studying, I guess . . .


No comments: