Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lazy Saturday

So, I know I should be out doing some gnarly ride, and I know that if I don't I'll pay a price for it next weekend. But I'm sooooo lazy today. Finals totally kicked my ass, and there are a hundred other things to do today. Our house is a disaster, the dog feels thorougly neglected after this past week of minimal walks, the Reno River Festival is going on downtown and I really want to head down there to watch and hang out, and there's a huge pile of gravel in the driveway that needs moving. And I could probably go straight back to sleep right now. But I won't. I think I might go do a bit of shopping (got my "tax stimulus" rebate yesterday - might as well use it to stimulate the economy. Right, like that'll work). So my plans of climbing over Mt. Rose today and then dropping down to Incline are slipping away. Maybe a little less ambitious a ride later today.

So, the Giro started today, right? With the TTT? Yeah, so what, right? How freaking cool is it that Slipstream Chipotle won?! If that isn't an argument for cool looking kits and 1000 calorie burritos making people faster, I don't know what is. ;)

Oh yes! And collegiate nats is this weekend, too! I actually qualified, somehow, but decided that it would totally destroy me to have to get ready to go to Colorado during finals week, and I'd probably come back waaaay to tired to make it down to Kern next weekend. But the Stanford girsl won the TTT. See? It's okay that they dropped me like a bad habit, they're national champions!

Okay, I think I'll go do . . . something. I dunno what.

No comments: