Sunday, April 20, 2008

No Otter Slaughter for me.

Okay, I get it. The whole "Sea Slaughter," "Slaughter the Otter" thing is getting a little old. So I'll let it drop. Until next year.

Anywho, I skipped it, because if I had the $200 dollars necessary for the race entry fees I'd probably pay my rent instead. Cause, you know, it's good to pay rent every once in a while. Just sayin'.
So I headed down to Berkeley (okay, Crockett) and raced the Cal collegiate road race yesterday. There was a time, not too long ago, when I kicked ass in collegiate cycling. Now . . . not so much. That race has a really really steep climb and it was hella windy. I did not have a good day. I had some gnarly muscular pain through the right side of my body that I attribute to my crash on monday (since I landed on my right side . . .). So, I'll write it off as good training. Whatever. The UNR team is hosting conference championships next weekend, so I hope I have a better race then, cause it sucks to get your ass handed to you on your own course.

Speaking of my crash, I get my stitches out of my head tomorrow! Yay! I think they're what's making me the most uncomfortable, since there's a bunch of my hair sutured up. I ignored my doctor's prescription and didn't take any antibiotics. Mostly because the majority of my microbiology class has focused on emerging drug resistence in bacteria, largely due to inappropriate use of antibiotics. So. There. But thanks to the good old hearty immune system, and excellent scalp hygeine on my part =), I'm infection free. I'd take the stitches out myself if I could see them.

Okay, this whole post is getting way too long, but I'm not done yet. I have determined to do a triathlon in August. A short one. But I went to the pool to swim today. The first time I've attempted to swim for a purpose other than not-drowning since I was on swim team when I was 10. I pretty much sucked at swim team, too, so today was pretty amusing. I think I swallowed a bit of pool water - erg, ick. And, now I have to stop making jokes about tri people. Damnit! That takes out some of my best material!

No comments: