Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Madera and Stitch-Head

So . . . Madera! After a very long hot drive down to Madera, I got lost trying to pick up Marian So Cal at the train station. But I found her eventually, so, you know, that's good.
For once in my life I'd say that the crit was the highlight of my racing weekend. Not the highlight of my weekend in general, but just the racing part. I actually won a prime. Woo hoo! Anyway, I think I pretty much destroyed myself for the TT, cause things kinda fell apart during the last half of that. But I think I ended up sixth after day one.
We got go to have a lovely dinner with the Bellas, and a lovely glass of wine with yummy dinner. That was very nice. After which I pretty much passed out while watching a Harry Potter movie on TV.
The road race was really hard. Atleast for the first three laps. The last lap wasn't too hard cause I was riding by myself and just kinda chillin'. I got dropped on the rollers heading into the last lap and was happy just to finish. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't, right? So I'm happy with the weekend, even though I didn't have a good result. I was stoked to see the ladies in the 35+ and cat 4s out there attacking and putting the hurt on. That was awesome.

Sooo . . . this morning I fell off my bike and kinda slid on my head. I'm totally okay, but I got a bunch of stitches in my scalp. It's gross, but I'd like to share, nonetheless. The worst part was getting my tetanus shot, but I guess it's good to get one of those every once in awhile. :)






1 comment:

Sacwheelgirl said...

Oh no! Ouchie! At least you don't have temporary amnesia or anything like that.

Great job racing over the weekend. That was a tough group to hang with on the road race!