Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday is Saturday




Wednesday is the only day I have allll to myself. I sleep in, drink coffee, lay about. Then a ride, thinking about cleaning the house, cooking, reading about the bike racing goings-on back in California. It's my day to get caught up on sleep and me-time from rough Monday and Tuesday work schedule (finish work at 9 PM on Monday, have to be back there at 4:45 AM on Tuesday).
We ended up with some yellow tulipsdaffodils that smell amazing and I have sitting right next to the computer for optimal scent inundation.

It's kind of yucky out - windy and rainy - and I'll probably log a bit of trainer time today. I've become so wimpy about the cold this year, and I can't figure out why. Part of me thinks that I was all tough in past years because I already had good conditioning and I was motivated to maintain it. This year I'm still trying to log some base and there isn't really much to maintain. I'm putting it all down to experience and hoping that I'll know how to plan next year a little better. I've been thinking about mountain bike racing a lot lately. Maybe it's because the road riding around here is only so-so, and the mountain biking is wicked fun. Maybe I've just been looking at old mountain bike photos. Anyway, the plan is to go ride down in Cape Cod this weekend. I'm pretty stoked - never been down there, so it's all new to me!


Old photo, lousy resolution, but oh, the blue sky and singletrack. . .

No comments: