Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning

I'm sitting on the couch, Cody's MacBook Pro on my lap, a cup of coffee in hand. Yesterday it snowed about 10-12" here, and this morning I can't even bring myself to look out the window. Our thermometer says it's 25'F out there. Today will be a roller day.

But first! I'm going to work! The big news is that I got a job (in addition to the middle school strings assistant job). And it's a bike shop job! So a new bike rests somewhere on the horizon. Anywho, I'm working at Peloton Bicycles. It's a small shop (literally, the floor space is tiny) with a small crew, but solid. I like my bosses, and I have vastly more experience than the other employees, so I feel like I have something positive to contribute. That's a nice feeling! So I'll be working there a couple days a week, still helping with the orchestra on my days off, and squeezing in as much bike time in between as I can. I finally signed up for my Certified Personal Trainer course so in my other spare time (ha! Spare time? What's that?) I'll be studying to take the exam for that. Professionally, things are finally coming together!

Last weekend I had my very bestest friend come visit from San Francisco, so I neglected my bike a little bit and ate too much chocolate, but the weather forecast is for things to melt and clear up so I'll be making up for that this week, and hopefully heading back over the hill this weekend to race Snelling with my team. I've been feeling just a touch under the weather lately, and I had an awful experience at Snelling 2 years ago where I went there "a touch under the weather" and came up so sick that I was on my ass for 10 days. So if I'm not 100% I'll probably bail, because I really, really, really don't want to repeat that experience. Good riddance.

Anyway, I guess I should go face the ice and snow, get myself ready for my sweet new job, and clean the cat box. Ahh, what a glamourous life I lead.

1 comment:

Full Zirkel said...

Time to add skate skiing to your training regime!