Monday, February 15, 2010

2010 Season Kick-Off

Ha! Check out the dude behind us - dying! And we're all smiles and sunshine.

I - can't - go - any - faster! Crap!

Oh, the agony.


More agony.
I don't have much to say about the Cantua/Pine Flat weekend, except that it was rad. We didn't have the numbers to earn upgrade points, but I had a blast duking it out with my new friend Rikke for two days, mixing it up with the 35+ ladies on Saturday and the 1/2 ladies on Sunday (hey, guess what? I outclimbed a couple of them!). Rikke ended up nipping me on both days, but it was awesome having someone there to challenge and push me (and vice versa of course). We're both looking for our upgrade, so not having even a measely 5 girls show up to race in the 3's was lame, but we made the best of the situation and flogged ourselves and eachother. Bike racing is awesome, and even more so when you feel strong (I did), and good company is just the icing on the proverbial cake. Radical. Life is good.
Speaking of awesome - Cody deserves huge credit for not only chaffeuring me around all weekend, feeding me (on and off the bike), dogsitting while I raced, and offering moral support, but also giving me the most killer leg massage on Saturday after the first race. Ahh, if only he could come to all my races. Sadly, he has a life of his own.
Now I'm home in Reno, it's 60F outside and sunny and gorgeous and the birds are singing. There are 1000 things I should be doing, but right now I think I'll just go lay around, in the sunshine, on the hammock, and read a book. Life is good, indeed.



1 comment:

bethwellie said...

Yay Marian! Congrats on a great opening weekend. Keep it up! And the new kit looks great!