Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Resolve


I had a really nice ride last night - just zone 1 stuff, cruising on the cross bike, nice. And it was like, 36 degrees out by the time I finished (2.2 degrees celsius for you euro types). Weird, huh? It was cold out, and I actually liked it. What the hell is wrong with me?
Well, whatever it is, if it can stick around for the next 6 months I'll be stoked, 'cause it's only getting colder from here on out. So I'm resolving to spend as few days on the trainer this year as possible. Unless there's like, 4 feet of snow or an ice storm, I'm going to stick it out. I need some heated insoles . . .
This weekend we're heading down to Santa Cruz for some Halloween cyclocross, beach camping, mountain biking, and relaxin'. My boyfriend is apparently the only person in the world who doesn't thing that Santa Cruz is like, Camelot, so try as I might to get him pumped on going on a mini vacation with me he's just not giving me that stoked-to-be-pumped response I've been looking for. Well pfffft! Fine, I'll DRAG him down to horrible, miserable, sunny Santa Cruz and FORCE him to camp at the beach, an BELITTLE him into riding his bike on totally wonderful UCSC singletrack - poor guy's got a rough life.
But now I'm getting ready to go ride my MTB with Miss 2nd in the Nation, Carla-Swart-beating Lizzy f'in English. I don't think she'll hurt me to bad . . . but part of me hopes she does.

No comments: