Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I suck at this blogging thing.

Well, to be fair, it's a blog about bike racing, and I haven't been doing any of that lately. Training, yes, dreaming, yes, obsessively following . . . yes. But no actual racing for me. Am I totally itching for some bike racing? Naturally. Especially . . . cyclocross.

What is it about skinsuits, lousy weather, running over stupid barriers, cowbells . . . . sorry, I spaced out there, day dreaming. Shivers. Yum.

So I have this awesome deal with myself: If I kick ass on my road bike in August and get the last of my upgrade points I'll get to race a full season of cyclocross. Good incentive, no? Don't get me wrong, I luuurve me some road racing, but I'm ready for some variety. I'm hoping to make it to Portland for the USGP, then zip over to Bend for nationals! I know, it's still like, 4 months away, but a girl can dream, right?

Okay, I've gotta stop thinking about it. Gotta keep my head in the road racing game.

No comments: