Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flogging Myself Like a Rented Mule?

Yes, that's probably my favorite Phil Ligget-ism. And a good description of the Dunlap TT this weekend, and, well, any TT pretty much ever. I got 2nd! So a good ride, and one of only 2 of us in the 3/4s to go under 48 minutes, which was my goal, so I'm happy. Think I could have been faster, made a couple of stupid mistakes in the corners, got a little stitch in my side at one point, room for improvement. Still a good race. Here's a picture.

http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/8494219_yq5Jp/1/559478266_RSMTk/Large

Hmm . . . I almost look like I know what I'm doing!

Won $22, almost covered my race entry, didn't come close to covering my gas money! Sigh . . . I love TTing, I think I'm pretty good at it (relative to the rest of my skill-set) but it lacks the excitement of finishing 2nd in a road race or a crit. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to be good at the TT, 'cause then I feel like I should be a triathlete. haha, that's a stupid thing to think, and don't worry, it will never happen. (Never say never? ha! You haven't seen me swim! It's hilarious! If only there were a triathlon where you were forced to doggy paddle, and the run was some crazy down-hill trial free run, then I might be down.)

Anyway, enough of the tangent, the Dunlap TT was fun, can't wait to do it again, only for longer, and in a much more competitive category, this weekend! Ah districts, how I love thee.

No comments: