Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cough, hack.

I got sick this weekend. I was fending it off all last week, barely hanging in there through Cross Vegas, and only avoiding it because I slept most of Thursday and Friday. And then the weekend roles around, and the UNR Collegiate MTB race. We hosted it up at Sky Tavern - the site of my previous poor performance on numerous occasions. Actually, last year (it snowed the night before) I did pretty well, and came in 3rd. As a matter of fact, I was faster (only just) than the girl who won this year, and beat me by a whopping 12 minutes, Maureen. What can I say? She's an animal and my endurance is shaky at best. Anywho, the field was waaay thinner this year, and I got 2nd. I was pretty stoked, given that the preceeding week had only seen me on my bike for 45 minutes of agony.
Anyway, that night I started feeling all lousy and now I'm sick.
On Sunday we raced the short track. I got the hole shot again! Damn I'm getting good at that. Me and Maureen lapped everyone else a couple of times. I was pretty stoked I could hang with her for most of the race, but she dropped me at the end. Actually she dropped me a couple of times, but for the first couple I was able to catch back up. It was some good racing, even though it was just 1 on 1.
Here's a pic of when I was leading.

In other news, Barack Obama spoke at UNR on Tuesday. I missed it, cause I'm pretty dumb, but from what I hear it was pretty stellar and exciting. Not that I need any convincing, of course, but it would have been neat to see the future pres speak at my school. (That's what we call reasonable optimism.)

No comments: