Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lame blogger and 1st Cross Race!!!




I've just been soooo busy. I'm not a good multitasker. You know, some people can do it all, and make it look good, and be highly successful at it. I'm not one of those people. If I am super busy and try to do it all I usually just end up feeling like a mediocre flake, cause I usually end up bailing on a lot of the shit I said I'd do.

What do I have going on? 13 credits of school work (not hard, just time consuming), 20 hrs a week of work (more like 12 this week), trying to ride my bike enough to not come in last at Cross Vegas, trying to swim enough to not drown in Lake Tahoe at X Terra, not even bothering to try to run anymore, walk the dog at least every other day (not even adequate from the dog's stand point), being a somewhat decent girlfriend (not even coming close from Cody's stand point), erm, what else? Sleep. I need lots of sleep or I break down. Like today, where I've felt all nasty-sick all day long. Ugh. Enough bitching. Point is, I'm about to crack. But it'll be funny, so stick around and watch.

Erm, what else??? Oh yes, I did my first cross race of the year on Sunday in Sacramento. Flat tires were the order of the day, as I got 4, but only one during my race. However, it was on a borrowed tubular wheel. Lame. But there was a little good news. I am a historically lousy starter. Like, I just kinda start pedalling and let people jump in front of me and then kill myself trying to pass/catch. Like, lame. But on saturday I got the hole-shot! Yay me! Truly a 1st. I was passed by one lady, and then when I flatted I was passed by another and pretty much gave up on the race since there was only one lap to go. Someone handed me a wheel and told me to finish, so I did, coming in 3rd out of 3 A's women. But I won my race entry back! And I was actually have a stellar race until the flat, so, yeah. The picture at the top is of me getting the hole-shot!

And, for your enjoyment, some randomly selected, long overdue pictures.




Awwww . . .


The Balloon Races - cool, but probably not worth getting up at 4:45 AM.

Anyway, I've gotta go pack for Cross Vegas! I'm flying down there tomorrow morning and flying back the next morning. Quick trip. I have no transportation (I think there's a shuttle???) and no place to stay. Sweet. I'm not good at this whole spontaneous thing.


4 comments:

Sacwheelgirl said...

I know exactly how you feel about multi-tasking-- then there's the all important resting that I don't get in either. It's hard to recover and train right on 5-6 hours of sleep.

I'm sorry I missed your race in Sac. Good job finishing!

Have fun in Vegas!

X Bunny said...

say, did i see you at the sierra tahoe century?!

Marian said...

Umm . . . I don't think so. Maybe my long-lost twin separated at birth! :)

X Bunny said...

uh, i'd be too confused if there was another marian.....

it was on a hill and a bella went by going down when i was going up and it all happened so fast that i have no idea who it was but jeff said, 'hey, was that nevada?!'

we didn't do the century either--just took advantage of donner pass rd being closed for a few hours.....