Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday already?

The weekend really goes by way too quickly. And with daylight savings time it felt like I was waking up at 5:30 instead of 6:30 this morning, but I love the added daylight, so I'm not complaining. Much. :)
Got out for another mountain bike ride yesterday. I crashed hella hard in the first 10 minutes. I always get back on my mountain bike after a winter on the road and feel cocky and crash hard. That definitely slowed me down though. It's hard to crash on Peavine without hitting a rock, and I landed with my fore arm on a big boulder. Ouch. But we ended up riding for 3 hours after that, so I guess I'm not too bad off. A little stiff today.
I'm experimenting with my breakfast this morning. I have had, as a general rule, oatmeal almost every single morning for the last 3 years. Unless I'm getting fancy and make pancakes and bacon (mmmmm . . . bacon) on the weekend. But the longer I eat oatmeal the less it keeps me full. And I've been training a lot, so I feel like my nutritional needs are a little greater (I'm a nutrition major, back off). Soooooo, I purchased wheat germ and ground flax seed (out of the bulk bins at Winco - I love the bulk bins, even though I'm not crazy about Winco) and am adding it to my normal walnuts, raisins, brown sugar and milk. I don't fuck around when it comes to breakfast.
I've spent the morning reading the race reports from this weekend (Menlo Park, Stanford collegiate) and I can't wait for this weekend. Hopefully we'll have a big Bella turnout and some good racings!!!

2 comments:

Sacwheelgirl said...

Hmmm... I'm going to try that too. I LOVE oatmeal. Breakfast is my favorite meal.

Hopefully the weather is going to be okay this weekend (knocking on wood). I'm racing both days. :)

Katie

Marian said...

I'm glad you'll be out there, Katie. Should be nice weather on Sunday, atleast!