Tuesday, February 26, 2008

With a name like Snelling . . .

(I'd like to note that this photo has nothing to do with Snelling, I just felt that this post was boring and needed a bit of illustration.)


As I sit here on my second day of calling in sick to life, I'm trying very hard to remember what prompted me to drive 4 hours (6 1/2 on the way home!) through the snow, to race in the wind and the rain, when I already had a cold. I guess I'm just a sucker for a bike race. Snelling is the first race I've DNFed in since my 3rd XC race ever. I had decided to race Expert, even though I was still probably better suited to Sport. Yeah, I wasn't about to go do a second lap that day. And on Saturday I wasn't about to go do a 4th, in the wind, by myself, coughing up a lung. Oh well, mistakes were made. Now I have three weeks to get well and trained before the next race. Sweeet. It sucks, too, because the weather just got nice, and here I am cooped up inside. I hate inside. Outside is so much better. Unless it's snowing.
I've tried for a long time now to get excited about "winter sports in the winter" but it just hasn't worked out for me. I mean, snow is cool and all, but I'd so much rather ride my bike in the sun. And . . . that's about all I have to say. Pretty lame, but that's it.

No comments: