Monday, January 25, 2010

Photo Essay

Cozad, NE - located on the 100th Meridian (whatever the hell that means). On the way across the country we stopped here so I could ride. Typical small town - we'd been parked for 2 minutes while I got dressed and a cop came up to ask us what we were doing. "Reno? Well now that's a big city. What're you doin' 'round these parts?" He was pretty cool when we explained, though. And I had a really nice ride in the sun.

When the brutal cold and snow of Northeastern Massachusetts finally broke my will to ride (fortunately only 2 days before we left) we did some skiing instead.


I finally got to Salem (actually I'd been there once, earlier on this trip, but only because I got lost on my bike, crossed a huge bridge, and found myself there)! We went to the Essex-Peabody museum, which is HUGE (especially considering it's only 20 minutes from Boston) and awesome. Next time I'm totally going to the witch dungeons (hahahaha, take that, kids who were mean to me in high school!).


Yes, the sunset was lovely. Cold, but lovely.

The way the sunset was shining on the trees it made them look like they were on fire. Just lovely.

Went to Cody's brother and sister-in-law's house in NH and built a sweet bouldering wall in their basement. Now I've got a serious itch to do some rock climbing (an itch that will be scratched in a major way this Friday at Touchstone Climbing in Sacrameno!).

This was my New Year's Eve ride. It was snowing (umm, duh, really Mare?). Weee.



Last day of the drive across the country. Serious boredom has commenced.

I saw this guy when I was riding in Maine! New do-before-I-die goal - ride my bike in every state. Even Arkansas. This trip I added 2 states to my list: Nebraska and Maine. Let's see, so I'm at: 1. Nevada, 2. California, 3. Oregon, 4. Utah, 5. Washington, 6. Colorado, 7. Massachusetts, 8. New Hampshire, 9. Vermont, 10. Montana, 11. Nebraska, 12. Maine. Okay, only 38 to go.

Proof positive I was in Maine. On an island, no less!

More scenic Maine.
That pretty much chronicals my 3 weeks "vacation". In fact we did a lot more than that, I just don't have photo evidence of it. I'm still unemployed (a fact that will hopefully change soon), finally logging some good training, and looking forward to Touchstone Climbing team camp this weekend! I'm sure there's more to add, but I'm totally fried from my ride yesterday (Cool thing #67 about unemployment: Rest days really are quite restful!) and can't think of anything interesting to say.

1 comment:

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

"Even Arkansas?" Arkansas has killer mountain biking. You should probably move that one further up the list.