Sunday, January 11, 2009

Almost Perfect Sunday

Last of the snow.
Happy doggie in doggie heaven (AKA The Dog Park)

Happy doggie in a scummy pond.

Learning how to ride in the back of the truck.

Me!

Getting some sun on my arms!

Espresso stop.

Sometimes the desert is so beautiful it hurts.

Listening to Steve Earle.

Group ride!

Well, I think the pictures say it all. It was gorgeous outside today. Kind of scary gorgeous, actually, since it really shouldn't be this warm in January, except for global warming, which is mind numbingly horrifying. But it's hard to complain about days like this, nonetheless.
Went out on a group ride, and had a surprisingly good turn out! Eventually everyone else seemed to want to put the hammer down, and I was trying to get a nice easy endurance and recovery ride in, since I did hella intervals yesterday. So I dropped off and finished my ride alone, which is almost just as pleasant, in a different way. With the group it's hard to really enjoy the scenery and take in how freaking beautiful the world is. And I stopped for a double espresso. Mmmm . . . espresso.
Anyway, then I took Riley to the dog park and let him cut loose for a while. He's napping now.
I have the window to my house open, letting in some air since it's still so warm out. It feels so much like spring that I'm feeling a little nostalgic, and a little lonely without Cody here. He'll be back next weekend, tho, so I just have to make it a few more days. I'm super duper excited about Bella camp next weekend, too, yay!
I guess that's all I've got to say for myself. I had a long list of things I wanted to get done this weekend, but didn't. All I really did is get in some killer rides and walk the dog. It's so hard getting stuff done during the week when I'm working and trying to get in my rides, but I'll figure it out. Hope everyone else's weekend was as nice as mine!